A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Friday, May 26, 2006

My MLB Walk-Out Song Playlist



It's a question as old as time itself: if you were a Major League Baseball player, what song would be your walk-out music? What first twenty seconds of a song blared at full volume over stadium speakers would sum up who you are, and strike fear into the hearts of your opponents?

Yankees closer Mariano Rivera has Enter Sandman by Metallica. Apt, but did he really pick it? Other fine examples elude me this morning.

My first inclination was to pick This Charming Man by the Smiths. A nice punchy beginning, and fitting with my general philosophy of professional sports. But, not likely to make the guys in the outfield tremble with anything but uncontrollable laughter.

So I settled on Mean Street by Van Halen. Every pigeon in the park would immediately take to the skies in a frenzied cloud of tribute to my fearsome athletic prowess. But in the end, mortal. But you'd never hear the end. So I got that going for me.

My MLB Walk-Out Song Playlist

Mean Street - Van Halen
This Charming Man - The Smiths

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

My pat answer has always been "O Fortuna" from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana (1:48 into song.)

You'd be expected to hit a home run every time, though, so when I hit my little nubber back to the pitcher...

I think I'd be tempted to go with something like "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" because you look better beating out an infield single to that.

5/30/2006 2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home