A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Friday, September 21, 2007

Out To Lunch Friday Playlist



Last week's Led Zeppelin reunion hoo-ha ended with the happy result of me hearing the original Jake Holmes' version of Dazed And Confused for the first time. Certainly a historically interesting sonic nugget.

The recent release of this live performance of Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed, transcribed for a mostly acoustic ensemble by German musician Ulrich Krieger, has also aroused my ears. I guess you'd need the DVD to really appreciate how all this feedback is being recreated by piano, saxophone, accordion, violin, cello, contrabass, trumpet, tuba, and Lou Reed on guitar, but the audio alone provides plenty to ruminate on. If I frequently ease into Monday morning with a little Ambient 1: Music for Airports, Metal Machine Music provides the perfect Friday afternoon complement.

In related news, what are the chances of getting Mr. Reed's recent Hudson River Wind Meditations into Rhapsody so we can give it a proper what for?

Out To Lunch Friday Playlist - [Rhapsody Online version]

Dazed And Confused - Jake Holmes
Catch - The Cure
Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart
Part One - Zeitkratzer/Lou Reed

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the site! I have been a Rhapsody subscriber almost since its inception and I have turned quite a few people on to the service over that period. AS a result, I have decided to start my own Rhapsody-based audio blog and I was hoping we could swap links. I only started recently, but I intend on writing on a daily basis and hopefully some traffic will come my way. Basically, I just wanted to organize my own music and I thought this would be the best way to do it. I hope to hear from you soon. MY site is www.listenthinkreact.com.

Andy Crowder www.listenthinkreact.com

9/24/2007 9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home