A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bob Wills Sampler




I've been delving into the true Texas originals recently, and am gradually extracting playlists. The first to come together is a Bob Wills sampler.

Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys reinvented an already unique style of music, Texas swing, starting in the 1930's. Their amalgam has a raucous big dance band sound featuring fiddle, steel guitar, and piano as opposed to the big brass of straight jazz big bands. Even the laments are woven through with a playfulness that raises the corners of the lips and sets the toes a-tappin'.

More accurate history and fine photos are at the Texas Playboys site.

Bob Wills Sampler - playlist in comments

2 Comments:

Blogger J Shifty said...

Bob Wills Sampler Playlist

1. (Me And My Baby) Doin' The Bunny Hop
2. A Maiden's Prayer
3. My Life's Been A Pleasure
4. Warm Red Wine
5. Three Little Kittens
6. Sally Goodin'
7. My Little Rock Candy Baby
8. I've Got A New Road Under My Wheels
9. I Laugh When I Think How I Cried Over You
10. Bubbles In My Beer
11. Steel Guitar Rag
12. Bottle Baby Boogie
13. Stay A Little Longer
14. Texas Blues
15. I'll Have Somebody Else
16. Cadillac In Model 'A'
17. I'm A Ding Dong Daddy (From Dumas)
18. Crippled Turkey

7/12/2005 9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice List! Made me think of Asleep at the Wheel...the only Texas swing I really ever got into. I need to do a bit of a list :-)

7/14/2005 12:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home