A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Arhoolie Acknowledgment Playlist


Here's a playlist that illustrates another of the many ways Rhapsody continues to surprise and delight this particular musical omnivore. Over the past few weeks there were a Hool of alot of albums added from the Arhoolie record label.


Amongst the mound of novel, delicious additions were several great early sides from Flaco Jimenez and Freddy Fender. A few highlights are in the playlist, along with some songs from Beto Villa Y Su Orquesta.



Arhoolie Acknowledgment Playlist

Cartas Marcadas - Flaco Jimenez
Yo Tuve Un Amor - Beto Villa Y Su Orquesta
Dices Que No Me Quieres - Freddy Fender
San Buena Ventura - Beto Villa Y Su Orquesta
No Quiero Nada Con Tu Amor - Freddy Fender
Un Rato No Mas - Beto Villa Y Su Orquesta

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

That poster is hilarious... I did a post on Esteban (Steve) Jordan last month, as I'd packed my iRiver with him and what little there was of Flaco Jimenez (and Los Tigres del Norte) for my trip to Mexico. It's good to see more is there for my next trip (a wedding at the end of January.)

I'm also enjoying all the Clifton Chenier they recently added out of the blue. Don't think I need a trip to the Bayou to partake of that action.

11/15/2005 3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home