A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

You Bet Your Dupa It's the "Polkas on 45" Source Material



Certainly one of the more important developments in the Rhapsody database in 2005 was the fleshing out of the Weird Al Yankovic catalog. I think when I joined the game in March last year the only albums Rhapvailable were Poodle Hat and Bad Hair Day. Things have certainly changed since then.

Polkas on 45 medleys at least fifteen songs artfully into four and a third minutes. The playlist below includes the song itself, plus all the references my ears could pull out in order (and don't you even try to pretend YOU haven't rocked out to the Lonely Goatherd within the last four months).

There may be a tease or two I'm missing. Particularly, there are a few bars of other polka standards just after "Jocko Homo" and "Should I Stay Or Should I Go." I couldn't place them, but please educate me if you can (please, no one point out that I live within ten miles of half the Polish people in Massachusetts).

Also, two songs couldn't be had in their original versions (Hey Jude and In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida). Appropriate substitutions were made.

Polkas on 45 Source Material

Polkas On 45 - Weird Al Yankovic
Beer Barrel Polka - Frankie Yankovic
Jocko Homo - DEVO
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Sex (I'm A) - Berlin
Hey Jude - Wilson Pickett
LA Woman - The Doors
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Slayer
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
The Lonely Goatherd - Sound of Music Cast
Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Every Breath You Take - The Police
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash
Jumpin' Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
My Generation - The Who

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home