A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Friday, March 03, 2006

Out To Lunch With Prince Far I Friday



The islands of Dub are a perilous landscape. There's a fine line between spacey and boring. Between the rhythmic inspirations of the hola herb and the scattered ramblings of a stoned guy with alot of fancy equipment. Somehow I got lucky with the first dub album I got my ears around years ago when I mail ordered a cassette of Prince Far I's Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter 1. It had everything you need: carefully woven instrumentals, lions roaring, an abundance of reverb, echoey water drops, and great beats.

Well, that album's not in Rhapsody but another Prince Far I album featuring some fine dub versions was on the Just Added list earlier this week: Silver and Gold: 1973-1979. Here's a playlist of the more delicious tracks to whet your appetite while the prince finishes cooking up whatever's in that pot on the album cover.

Out To Lunch With Prince Far I

Gimme Version
354 Version
Silver and Gold Version
Ears To Hear Version
Talking Rights Version

P.S. I couldn't let the week end without documenting another hole filled in the Rhapsody catalog this week. We can all rest easy now that Ferry Cross The Mersey by Gerry & The Pacemakers is Rhapvailable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home