A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

In Case of Rapture, This Blog Will Be Unmanned



I read this morning that some people believe today's date 6/6/6 could be cause for concern. A sign of the end times, and all that.

Well, I think y'all are giving significance to entirely the wrong signs. If we need any evidence that the end of the world is not quite nigh, how about the rounding out of the Funkadelic catalog in Rhapsody over the last week? Most of the early classics except Free Your Mind... are in there now.

And if I'm wrong, and the Rapture is indeed today, at least I'll have a fine soundtrack for it.

Funkadelic Rhapsody Blossom Playlist

What Is Soul
Hit It And Quit It
Jimmy's Got A Little Bit Of Bitch In Him
I'll Bet You
Back In Our Minds

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

I was hoping you'd put together some Funkadelic action!

I looked at the additions, mouth-wateringly, but in the end gave up. Not having Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow, made it impossible to complete a Funkadelic - The Westbound Years ('70-'75) playlist/post, and not having "Maggot Brain" made it too frustrating to do a proper Maggot Brain post.

Being the persnickity ass that I am...

Still jamming on it all, nonetheless!

6/06/2006 9:10 PM

 
Blogger J Shifty said...

Hey there cap'n!

In another bizarre sign from above, today the track Maggot Brain on Maggot Brain has miraculously switched from pay, to play.

I must agree that the fruity percussion on that alternate mix, while interesting, does not match up to the raw power of the original...

Persnickety asses of the world, unite!

6/07/2006 8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home