A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"I Had Fun, You Have Fun?"



Growing up half-way between Providence and Boston I ended up drawn more to Lovecraft than Emerson, and went to alot more all ages shows at the old Living Room in Providence rather than at the Channel in Boston.

So I was quite elated to finally find some Neutral Nation in Rhapsody recently. And by some, I mean the Compleat recorded works of those regional punk heroes on one CD. It turns out the compilation was actually released a few years ago, but is sold out on CDBaby. So thank you, Rhapsody, for serving it up on demand. Below is a small celebration sampler playlist, and here's a playlist of the heart of the matter for me: It's A Bash. (Note that you don't need to subscribe to Rhapsody to hear those nineteen tracks once a month for free...)

It's almost enough to make me finally finish the research on my playlist ode to V66.

Neutral Nation Arrival Sampler Playlist

Streets
Marjorie
No More AOR
I Wanna Drive
Rocky Point

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

Schmaltzy,

I had no idea. I grew up (well from 8th grad to college) in the same general location - Mattapoisett, MA to be exact. Went to Bishop Stang HS.

I saw my first shows at the Living Rooms. Husker Du the most memorable.

Where did you come from?

2/26/2007 4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home