A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Friday, March 16, 2007

Interface Reflections Friday Playlist



Two sides to this playlist situation today.

First, I've been enjoying this Klaxons record Sir Drake recommended not too long ago. And that one part in this song kept making that part of that Beck song keep popping up in my head. The rest of the playlist grew through a similar process.

Second, I've been listening to Rhapsody almost exclusively through the browser player for the last month while testing on a temporary Vista partition (I've been hurt bad in the past trying to put a full Rhapsody application/library in two places at once). Anyhow, I'm happy to say the browser player has come a very long way in the last few months. The best new bits are being able to add songs to the bottom of the queue without playing them immediately, ready access to My Playlists and My Library, and decent playlist creation options. I cobbled this list together using only the browser player.

I'd still like to be able to minimize that player to the system tray to clear up some taskbar space, the keyword search comes back empty nine times out of ten, and it seems like there's up to a day or two delay sometimes between when New Releases are available in Rhapsody proper and when they show up for the browser player. And, it'd be nice to be able to easily choose whether a playlist link goes right to the Rhapsody application or spawns a browser player.

But what the Hell, it's Friday, so let's dance.

Interface Reflections Friday Playlist


Isle of Her - Klaxons
Derelict - Beck
Blue Jean - David Bowie
Don't Look Down - Iggy Pop
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

great feedback on the browser player... I haven't had guts to spend too much time with it yet. I hope you don't mind that I forwarded your bullet points (and link to post) to some folks who look for this kind of stuff.

3/21/2007 6:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, on the page that outlines new Rhapsody Online features (www.rhapsody.com/newfeatures.html), the top playlist in the sample pictures can only be one of your "Rssmbld Soundtracks".

My vote is for Fast Times at Ridgemont High...

3/22/2007 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Ha! I know the person who created the graphic and I've been feeding her all sorts of playlists. I had my suspicions it's The Life Aquatic, and that was just confirmed! She's a Seu Jorge fan...

3/23/2007 6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home