A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fine Celebrity Playlist Acknowledgment Wednesday



I usually don't find much inspiration in the Rhapsody Celebrity playlists, but I've got to give a little credit where it's due. The Corinne Bailey Rae Celebrity Picks List [list, doesn't play] this month is pretty solid from top to bottom. It's got an emphasis on dark horse hits that run well together, something we strive for on the good days here at R&S Labs. In particular, I was happy to get pulled out from under my rock to hear the Isley Brothers version of "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight".

I've got to point it out, if only because it's the first celebrity list I've listened to more than once since the great My Morning Jacket classic [list, doesn't play] of 2005.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

oh man... I still giggle when I think of MMJ's playlist with the back-to-back-to-back love for Martika's "Toy Soldiers," Bruce Willis' "Respect Yourself" and Christopher Cross' "Sailing." Takes some big ol' southern rock balls to confess to all that.

2/21/2008 7:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home