A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rhapsody Psychic Friends Playlist



Who knows what to make of such things, but I had two odd precognitive Rhapsody moments yesterday. While working Tuesday afternoon, out of their entire catalog, I listened to It Still Moves from My Morning Jacket. Then last night, I happened to be sitting in the same room while Lady Ribaldry was watching the American Idol results show (yeah, that's how it happened). Imagine my surprise when the signature guitar opening of One Big Holiday came up and that song became the soundtrack for David Archuleta's Utah homecoming montage.

Then, yesterday morning I pulled up some tracks from the Peggy Lee Singles Collection box set. After lunch, Schmaltzy Junior picked out the Lady and the Tramp movie to bring home from the library. And of course, it turns out Ms. Lee co-wrote and sang most of the music in that show, and voices the wife, Siamese cats, and the stray lady dog Peg.

Spooky. Who can say what astounding incidental music I will foresee today with these mysterious talents.

For the playlist, we'll take directly relevant songs, and add in a couple more period xenophobic hits from the Peggy Lee Singles Collection.

Rhapsody Psychic Friends Playlist [Rhapsody Online Version]

Rhapsody Psychic Friends Playlist [Rhapsody Player Software Version]

One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket
The Siamese Cat Song - Peggy Lee
Let's Do It - Peggy Lee
MaƱana - Peggy Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home