A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fantastic Four Playlist



Here's a little playlist inspired by the Fantastic Four, who get the Hollywood treatment this summer. I'm a huge fan of the Horatio Hornblower movies starring Ioan Gruffudd, so it should be disturbing and hilarious to see him onscreen as Reed Richards.

Unfortunately, both songs titled "Invisible Woman" on Rhapsody were decidedly subpar. Of special note, there's a song (not Rhapvailable) by jazz outfit the Vandermark Quartet called "Jack Kirby Was Ripped Off." It's so true. It makes me a little ill to see Stan Lee make so many pop culture appearances and pretty much take full credit for creation of the Marvel universe.

For high marks, the songs by Ookla the Mok and DOA contain actual Fantastic Four lore.

Fantastic Four Playlist

Theme From Super Skrull - Ookla the Mok
Clobberin' Time - Sick Of It All
Mr Fantastic - Three 4 Tens
Human Torch - Mix Master Mike
Flame On - The Iguanas
The Thing - Fuck
Phantom Zone - DOA
Stop Talking About Comic Books Or I'll Kill You - Ookla the Mok

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great List...Great Comic Book. I had a huge Fantastic Four addiction when I was a kid. They were my favorite with Spidey a close number 2. Of course it was a soap opera. I have one distinct memory of sitting in class...expecting the new issue that day and just sitting there wondering what was going to happen (probably had something to do with the Thing and his blind girl friend - or maybe it was the time the Thing took on the Hulk!)

Get this...I had FF #1 and my Mom tossed it!

I love the Iguanas...if you ever get the chance to see this guys, don't miss them (in fact I blogged on the song 'Nine Volt Heart' a while back) - http://musicrocker.com/2005/03/17/plastic-silver-nine-volt-heart

Mark

5/18/2005 12:17 AM

 
Blogger J Shifty said...

My comics collecting heyday was during the John Byrne era of Fantastic Four, and it didn't really grip me. At the time, I was a Daredevil nut. I have a VG copy of Daredevil #1 that's hopefully not growing mushrooms down in the basement!

I walked by a comics rack yesterday, and can't imagine paying $2-4 an issue.

5/20/2005 8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I rememember correctly, my brother had the first 8 issues of Daredevil...also a victim of my mother's wrath.

5/25/2005 10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home