A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Barfly - The Missing Soundtrack



Senor Scamboogah went and invoked Henry Chinaski in a post earlier this week, which made me search Rhapsody for a Barfly soundtrack. And apparently there isn't one. However, the trusty IMDB did include a list of music played in the movie, so I was able to rectify the situation and cobble together a nearly complete soundtrack playlist. A fine mix of soul, classical, and blues, much like the life of the gentleman who wrote the screenplay. Copy to your portable player and listen on your way to the track!

Barfly Soundtrack

Hip Hug-Her - Booker T. & The MG's
Nine Below Zero - The Nighthawks
Silver Threads Among The Gold - Mike Auldridge
Hair Street - The Lounge Lizards
Piano Concerto No.25 - Mozart
The Poem of Ecstasy - Scriabin
Piano Concerto No.4 - Beethoven
Born Under A Bad Sign - Booker T. & The MG's
The Sermon - Jimmy Smith
Theme For Ernie - John Coltrane

P.S. This has to be the most hilarious little headline I've seen in a while. Methinks whoever created this image at Rhapsody knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Please Hootie, don't hurt 'em!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

You blog is great if you want all your dreams to come true you should gargle with bleach daily and scream affirmations on the bus...

8/25/2005 2:50 PM

 
Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Seriously, though... talk about synergy -
I just reassembled the soundtrack for Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas today, as both Terry Gilliam (Bros. Grimm) and Hunter S. Thompson crossed paths again in the news this week.

I don't know why I didn't notice that Playlist graphic, though... hilarious! I probably saw Hootie and instantly blocked it out.

and finally... "Drinks for all my friends!"

8/25/2005 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Please subsitute the word 'syncronicity' for my lame use of the word 'synergy.'

It was used in a meeting this morning and I hadn't scraped the 'group-speak' off of my mind at that point.

8/25/2005 5:24 PM

 
Blogger Gbato said...

Thanks for compiling the sound track list! This movie got me into Scriabin, listening to "Poem of Fire" right now, btw. ;)

8/08/2011 5:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home