A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Poison Ivy Playlist



So I went on a little canoe ride over the weekend. Every time I'm on a river I must say "Never get out of the boat" a couple times an hour. And every time I'm on a river at some point I'm reminded why that's much more than just a memorable movie quote. That's right: the right side of my body is playing host to an abundance of oozing, weeping, itchy poison ivy pustules.

Interesting factoid: once the toxic urushiol oil has been washed from the skin, poison ivy can't spread or be 'contagious.' It's common for the rash to sprout in different areas three to seven days after the initial leaf on skin action. This delayed bloom is what makes you think it's actually spreading.

So I got that going for me.

In the words of another great star of moving pictures: "Pray for Mojo".

Poison Ivy Playlist

Poison Ivy - The Von Bondies
Poison Vine - Michelle Osborn
Leisurely Poison - Stephen Malkmus
The Itchy Glowbo Blow - Cocteau Twins
Poison Ivy League - Elvis Presley
Every Time I Itch I Wind Up Scratching You - Glen Campbell
Poison Ivy - Buddy Guy
I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) - Rosemary Clooney

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

I feel for you. I live in a river and have huge poison ivy vines growing up trees down by the ater. Got me once. Won't get me again.

Factoid #2: Never burn poison ivy. Ever. it could kill you.

Nice list. Don't Scratch!

8/02/2005 2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home