A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"I Know That Nobody Out There Came To Be Mellow Tonight, Now Did You?" Playlist



Here's a smattering of songs from the live rock albums of the seventies, with an emphasis on some of the classic moments in commercially released stage banter.

Seventies Live Albums

1978 - Double Live Gonzo! - Ted Nugent - Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
1972 - Live Full House - J. Geils Band - Whammer Jammer
1976 - One More From The Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets
1975 - Kiss Alive - Kiss - Rock Bottom
1976 - All The World's A Stage - Rush Fly By Night/In The Mood
1979 - Live At Budokan - Cheap Trick - I Want You TO Want Me
1976 - Frampton Comes Alive - Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
1970 - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! - Rolling Stones - Love In Vain
1979 - 8:30 - Weather Report - Teen Town
1973 - On The Road - Traffic - Light Up Or Leave Me Alone
1978 - Waiting For Columbus - Little Feat - Dixie Chicken
1972 - Live - Santana/Buddy Miles - Them Changes
1978 - Stage - David Bowie - TVC15

5 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

This is a great list... don't you have a ticket stub from one of the concerts in the playlist? ;)

Our posts have aligned, sort of. I just posted on the anniversary of the Isle of Wight Festival 1970.

7/26/2005 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Drew said...

That Queen ticket's from my 6th birthday. Probably would've been an inappropriate gift I suppose.

Furthermore, that Nuge quote rules.

7/26/2005 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Drew said...

Oh, and I nearly forgot, "Who here likes the taste of vodka and orange juice?!!"

7/26/2005 1:20 PM

 
Blogger Chixulub said...

Frampton Comes Alive--wasn't that issued with suburban home loans from 1973 to 1978. Along with the soundrack to 'Grease!' and the K-Tel collection 'Southern Fried Rock.' With the big fried egg cover and Molly Hatchet's only hit?

Oh, and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, though I try to block that from memory because it's essentially whitey disco.

KISS was my Sesame Street, Gene Simmons was my Big Bird. I hate Weather Report and the Rolling Stones but I love Jaco's work with Pat Metheny and how they put Mick Jagger's lips on Angelina Jolie.

Cheap Trick, who could not love those shoes? And the wild guitars?

RUSH. God, if you play guitar and don't grow up with a hard on for RUSH you are guitar-queer or something.

Speaking of which, I notice some glaring omissions from your 70's list. Pavlov's Dog ('Pampered Menial' especiialy, before the orginal band was broken up), the original Van Halen album, Utah Phillips' 'All Used Up,' and John Scofield 'Live' with Richie Beirach, Geroge Mraz and Joe LaBarbera at the Domicile in Munich in 1977...

7/27/2005 1:24 AM

 
Blogger J Shifty said...

Drew: There's gotta be some people out there that like to drink tequila!

Of course I agree about the Nuge, and will always be thankful you wove that quote into the dancefloor mix you created for my wedding reception. Especially when Aunt Tilly really did turn around and get the fuck out of there...

Chixu: You're 100% right, of course, and hilariously so. I'm a little limited because this is a Rhapsody playlist blog and not all albums are in there.

Drake: I'm on my way to the Isle of Wight soon as I hit this Login and Publish button.

7/27/2005 9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home