A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Holy Grail of Schmaltz Wednesday



What kind of person, while reading an old-fashioned "newspaper" last week, sees the national news stories about Paul McCartney opening up the digital rights to his catalog, and the first thing they say is: "Oh, please let that include Rhapsody, so I can finally playlist up that Holy Grail of schmaltz, the guitar solo in "My Love"?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

My Love - Paul McCartney

Addendum: In other news, faced with the $13 price bloat for basic Rhapsody, did I follow through on my bold threat to just walk away? Or instead did I break down, buy Lady Ribaldry a little Sansa for Mother's Day, and pony up the extra two bucks for Rhapsody To Go? Well, we all know the answer to that question now, too. She's loving it, actually.

And, I'm not sure how helpful the new "My Profile" feature of Rhapsody Online will ultimately be, but if it lets me have a Plushy Cthulhu for an avatar, it can't be all bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

What a nice Mother's day gift.... I keep giving my wife my hand-me-down players.

I wonder what it say about me that the first thing I played is the Macca/Jacko duet "Say Say Say"? I admit I was looking for punishment.

5/24/2007 12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home