A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Playlist Haiku Manifesto

Maybe some people shouldn't be allowed a second cup of coffee so early on a day as nice as this. Here's how it works: a three song playlist whose titles make a proper 5-7-5 haiku. It's a form that provides the traditional poetic benefits of haiku with the added musical juxtaposition of the songs those titles represent.

Here's two to inaugurate the genre:

Playlist Haiku #01

cigarette sandwich
I am a motherless child
come and buy my toys


(Source #01: Scud Mountain Boys, Tina Turner, David Bowie)


Playlist Haiku #02

hurting each other
Belinda Carlisle diet
if this room could talk


(Source #02: The Carpenters, Patterson Hood, Sly & the Family Stone)

8 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

Brilliant Briliant Brilliant

4/21/2005 1:06 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

This needs to be a cross-blog event. Anyone agree? This would give me fodder for days.

4/21/2005 2:25 PM

 
Blogger covalent bond said...

Excellent job! By the way, thanks for your comments on my post, An Acquired Taste. I completely forgot about John Zorn. You also inspired me for today's post - Do You Like Moldy Peaches?

4/21/2005 4:21 PM

 
Blogger J Shifty said...

Hey all: I'd be plenty happy to participate in some cross-blog haiku-ery. Maybe someone with experience in such events could post an invitation...

4/21/2005 6:58 PM

 
Blogger Drew said...

going off the rails
tits for lunch. big tit attack
then I smoke two more

(Ozzy, Joe Walsh, The toys)

4/21/2005 9:57 PM

 
Blogger Drew said...

I totally cheated of course by using lyrics instead of titles, but I play by my own rules...

4/21/2005 9:59 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I'll just make a haiku post and link back to you, if that's ok. Wanted to check with you first.

4/22/2005 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Robert Burke said...

I already did one on my site. I think this is such a great idea J!
Really, I went ahead and just set up a blog.

Rhapsody Haiku

I will invite everyone. J please email me your email address so I can invite you first. tinyelvis1 at yahoo dot com. You need to do the first post since this is your invention! We can all post Haiku and link back to our sites. This idea deserves its own blog!

4/22/2005 10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home