A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Monday, May 23, 2005

Jazz On A Midspring's Monday



Watched "Jazz On A Summer's Day" over the weekend, the 1960 film documenting chunks of the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival. I've been happy with the hints of spring we've gotten so far, but this movie made me want to quit work, head to where the real sun is, lounge on my yacht, and just groove all summer. Then I remembered I don't have a yacht, a mansion, or even a full wardrobe of dandy clothes.

I guess I'll have to settle for opening a window and crafting up a few playlists featuring some of the musicians from the movie I wasn't familiar with.

Today I'm serving up a playlist of Big Maybelle.

Big Maybelle Playlist

Ain't To Be Played With
Don't Pass Me By
I've Got A Feelin'
Ocean of Tears
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Candy
Send For Me
You'll Never Know
Hair Dressin' Women
Don't Leave Poor Me


(photo by Ernest Withers, gleaned from counterpunch.org)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home