A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Bucket Reflex



I can't be the only person this happens to. There are certain song snippets that have become permanently and involuntarily triggered by certain words whenever I hear or see them. Sometimes I have no idea how or why it happened. Case in point today: the word 'bucket.'

Every time I see a bucket or hear or see the word bucket there's Ice-T in my head with "It was a bucket, but fuck it, it had to do." Why?! Will it ever stop? I hadn't heard the song "Midnight" more than a couple times when this line became a reflexive part of my brain chemistry. A condition that has now persisted over ten years with no signs of stopping.

I'll try to note other snippet-trigger words as they come up to help further document this affliction. For now, see if your mind can resist: the BUCKET.

Midnight

Extra bits: The samples of Black Sabbath and Boogie Down Productions were easily identified, but why does that woman screaming in the chorus sound so familiar? It's eluded me until this very day. It is of course the woman responding to the pepperoni in "Hey Margaret" by Cheech & Chong. Case closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home