A Real Rhapsody playlist blog of questionable quality

Monday, September 05, 2005

Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend Soundtrack Playlist



I had a fascinating epic, cinematic dream last night, perhaps inspired by eating a bacon and pepper jack frittata for breakfast, a bag of kettle corn for lunch, ice cream for supper, and leftover ribs for an evening snack. Events unfolded throughout a sprawling, dark hotel city and prominent roles were played by Tom Petty and his identical twin teenage sons and a horde of Chinese zombies.

Among other odd scenes I saw a local band perform a riveting version of Edgar Winter's Frankenstein, and there was a night club sequence involving Rat Race by Bob Marley & the Wailers. And that's just the bits I remember. I'm thinking of having peach pie for breakfast. We'll see what dreams may come tonight.

Rarebit Fiend Soundtrack Playlist

Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group
Rat Race - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Breakdown - Tom Petty

1 Comments:

Blogger J Shifty said...

Before today I heard that version of 'Breakdown' only once on the radio when the live album came out. But the phrase "You'll put me out of a jaahb" immediately ingrained itself in my vernacular as a phrase regularly uttered for the last twenty years.

9/05/2005 11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home